Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome to the family Indigo!







Seven Days Late, but a speedy delivery. She weighed in at a petite 9 pounds 9 oz. 21.5 in long. Mom and baby are doing just fine. All of the nurses thought it was hillarious that Grandpa David was an anesthesiologist and I chose to have "unmedicated" births. They all gave me the "you poor thing" look and then were weirdly shocked when everything went so smoothly. We arrived at the hospital at 5:45 and Indi was born at 8:45. I think it was fast because I had a great team of cheerleaders praying for me, but mostly I think it was because I am lucky to have a comedian for a doula. Jord makes a great "birth coach". I guess it is rare to have the whole nursing staff cracking up while someone is in labor. We'll see if I can manage to post more pics later, but for now, we're just happy to be hanging out together.



6 comments:

J said...

No stats?!? He is beautiful and has a proper Gray name. You are my favorite creative name person. I admire your ability to go seven days over. Most of us would have caved and done an induction.

You look great as usual. I love your hair. Although, I think you are getting a little risque showing off your shoulder like that. LOL

We miss you and I am thinking of you more than ever now. I am Primary President!!!

Beth said...

Beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures of your baby GIRL!!! (I didn't want anybody - besides Julienne - to get confused.)

heather said...

Wow, I had no idea that you were going to have a baby! Congrats and she is beautiful. Love the name too!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Yeah, I am glad to find your blog. congrats on the new babe! Aren't they so sweet!

Bob said...

Indigo is a great name - you two are having the best of luck with names and babies. Congrats!
Bob

Mimsey said...

I think iur little Indigo is a real live angel and will be as beautiful as her mother. I am a vey grateful Grandmother. Little Juniper said,"I can't wait to have her carseat next to mine." I agree with her . We all want to be right next to her. I am so impressed with both parents and their incredible ability to work together with love and understanding. Wow, what a family.!!!!