Saturday, April 9, 2011

Welcome to the Family!





Number Five has arrived. Simeon Golden Gray made his appearance at 7:40 on April 8th. It was a super speedy delivery. We made it to the hospital around 5:30ish, and we walked the halls for a bit. We knew that our doctor would be arriving at 7:00, and when 7:30 arrived I was afraid that I was going to give birth in the hallway. Dr. Jones came in the door, I climbed up on the bed, he broke my water, and 1.5 pushes later Simeon had arrived. It was sooo fast. The doc was literally in the room for about 2 min. before delivery. The nurses were teasing me that I could have given birth on the prairie. I guess they don't see too many un-medicated births. That explains why our cute little baby is totally purple. He's got a lot of bruising due to his speedy entry. We feel really blessed and thankful. We appreciate all those of you who have helped monitor the rest of the gaggle while we've been dealing with the newest member. Now for the hard part... leaving the hospital and re-entering the real world!

7 comments:

heather said...

Congrats!!! He is beautiful! And I can't believe how fast he came. So glad all went well. Congrats!!!

Tamsen said...

Wow! That is a speedy delivery. I'm glad that things went so well. You are sure made for this mothering thing (in every way). :) Love you!

Mimsey said...

Ohhhhhhh, these pictures are just priceless. He ia absolutely adorable!!! I think he might have his Mommy's big blue peepers... and definitely his Daddy's good looks as well. I could just squeeze him....Please plant a kiss on his little cheek for Gram Tam. I can see that the brothers and sisters are elated with this little new brother and rightly so. He is a real cutie!!! Elicia, you look fantastic!!! Way to go little pioneer. You have really done it and done it well. I am so blessed to be a part of this fantastic family. I missssssss you all with all of my heart. Much love, Gram Tam xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Beth said...

I know you know the full weight of what being parents to five kids is going to entail. It seems like a heavy burden sometimes, but it's also the best dang experience ever. So, enjoy!

Janadt.Huggins said...

Ok, I looked at these pictures over a hundred times. I love the look of glee on everyones face in the family picture and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are wearing your "scary lady" pjs. Those have been a great purchase. You look hot of course and you're gonna rock this new gig of mother of 5. Go fight win Lou! Oh, and did I mention Simeon is so dang adorable? Because he totally is. Welcome to the family golden smurf!

J said...

Congrats. I have been waiting for this post. That is what I call a quick and dirty delivery!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! He's following the trend in your family and is absolutely beautiful! And look at you Miss Elicia! You look uhhh.mazing!! Well done rock star!
Now I just need to come over and give him a big cuddle!

Love you guys! Tell Jord thanks for calling me and I'm sorry I didn't call him back.