Sunday, January 2, 2011

A week in the life of the Gray Family.

Maybe you noticed I've been a bit absent when it comes to the blogusphere. December was a CRAZY month, filled with weeks like this one: (really I'm making this list so I can look back and congratulate myself for surviving.)
2 Christmas parties
1 visiting teaching appointment
2 violin recitals
1 family home evening
1 violin lesson
1 dance lesson
2 karate lessons
2 preschool lessons about Space (8+ preschool kids, snacks, stories, fingerplays, music, and chaos)
1 Doctor appointment
1 Dance party (plus gift)
1 Relief Society Enrichment Presentation (I taught how to make paper bows.)
1 kindergarten program
1 flower girl dress (I sewed this between 10:00pm and 2:00am two nights)
1 wedding
2 choir practices
1 visit to the produce co-op (with four kids in tow)
1 ward Christmas program in which I sang in choir and led children's choir
1 hot date with husband.
Now I know why I'm tired.

1 comment:

Mimsey said...

Dear Elicia,You have officially gained the title of "Super Mom"!!!! What an incredible schedule, besides being pregnant with number five!!! I cried when I saw the pictures of Atticus and his beautiful mother playing their violins. I got really emotional over the Kindergarten pictures of the beauty, Juniper in her first Christmas school program. I popped all of my buttons over Atticus and his new title of "purple belt champion. I practically squeezed the computer when I saw the expressions of joy on little Talmage's face over all of the festivities. And, I could hardly restrain myself when I saw how grown up little Indigo is, and how fun it is that she is maintaining her brown locks of hair. I thought the Momma in all of the pictures was particularly beautiful, and had the glow of love for each member of the family written all over her delicate features. Missing all of you this season has been a really intense feeling of loss. Our family is what makes Christmas what it is. Each child and parent has a unique place in my heart that will always be there. The "Spirit of Christmas" and the gift of the life of the Savior makes all of this a tender reality for me. I am soooo grateful for all of the family that heaven has blessed me with and will thank heaven for all of you forever. I have seen both you and Jordan in action with your growing family, and my accolades could not be written in enough glowing terms to satify the honor I feel for both of you!!! You have a real cheering section coming from Oklahoma to Utah. I love you one and all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Gram Tam